Wednesday, June 09, 2004

It's a New Day...

Here's adding my raindrop to the ocean of web logs...
The Doctor is In is a blog by a physician philosopher, dealing with medicine, religion, family, politics, current events, philosophy, pets, photography, the Pacific Northwest, software development, humor, and any other area of life worthy of passion and depth of consideration. Here's hoping you find it enjoyable and thought-provoking, and join in on the discussion.

Some background: I'm a physician in a surgical specialty practicing in a medium size city in Washington State. I'm a conservative in political orientation (but not a party-liner), and Christian in faith and conviction. I'm interested in folks of any persuasion who are willing to move beyond slogans and superficial thought to tackle some of the deeper issues in life with honesty and humility. I love to laugh - especially at myself - because I know no better way to approach life - and it releases a bunch of endorphins! I am passionate about my family, my profession, about software development, pets, photography, and cooking... and many others areas, present and to come.

While very familiar with computers and software (database and web development), I am surprisingly new to the world of running a blog. But life's an adventure, so I hope to provide both a mental catharsis and a source for thoughtful consideration for others.